From Day 1, our commitment to your safety and health has been our top priority. We have always followed infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) so that you feel as safe and comfortable as possible. For your and our staff’s protection, we have taken the necessary extra measures out of an abundance of caution to ensure everyone’s safety while you receive care.
You may notice the following changes the next time you visit our office:
- Each operatory will be equipped with an air purifier.
- Surfaces in the office will be disinfected frequently throughout the day with a disinfectant fog.
- We have implemented an intra-oral evacuation system, a suction system that will ensure to remove aerosols generated by drilling and cleaning procedures.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- When you enter the office, your temperature will be taken with a contactless thermometer.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Front desk staff will be wearing protective equipment.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We advise that you limit your companions to the dental office only to those essential.
- If you need to fill out paperwork and are unable to do so digitally, we suggest you bring your own pen to fill out the papers.
- Pretreatment rinses with a peroxide antiviral rinse.
- Extra intraoral suction for procedures.
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to call us at (781) 246-2211, and we will be glad to provide further insight on our infection control procedures.
UPDATE: As you are most likely aware, effective May 29, 2021, the Commonwealth’s mask order was rescinded. However, the Department of Public Health has issued a new mask advisory consistent with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s updated guidance. As a result, the wearing of masks is still mandatory in healthcare facilities, which includes dental offices. Therefore, all staff and patients will still be required to continue to wear masks during the dental office visit and procedures, where possible and when appropriate, regardless of whether or not you have been vaccinated.
The well-being of you and our staff is of utmost importance. We thank you for your understanding and adherence to the mask wearing mandate while in our facility so that we can remain in compliance and provide the highest level of quality patient care in the safest environment possible.